Snowboarder Jamie Anderson Talks Olympics and Staying In Balance

Courtesy of P&G Beauty

The start of the 22nd Winter Olympics will begin on Feb. 7 marking the first time that the Olympics have been held in Russia since the fall of the Iron Curtain. Another first for the Olympics Games is the debut of Snowboard Slopestyle and US Snowboarder Jamie Anderson will be there to represent the sport. On Thursday, Jan. 23 The Makeup Examiner caught up with the 23-year-old beauty to find out about how it feels to represent the US and her secrets for staying calm, centered and beautiful.

The Makeup Examiner: With the debut of Snowboard Slopestyle at Sochi, how are you preparing for such an honor to represent both the US and your sport? How do you stay calm?

Jamie Anderson: I feel so honored to represent our country! I never thought they would add my event to the Games and I can’t wait to show everyone what Snowboard Slopestyle is all about. To stay calm, I do a lot of yoga -- now more than ever -- to help me stay peaceful and enjoy the journey there.

I understand that you have a sponsorship program for kids who are interested in snowboarding. Can you tell me a little about the program?

This is my third year doing the “Give Back with Love” charity event, which I do right around the winter solstice to help support local kids in my community. Growing up with a really big family, I know how expensive it is to get into snowboarding and I wanted to help kids who aren’t financially able to purchase equipment and season passes get on the mountain. This year I am sponsoring eight kids!

How is your clothing line going and where can we get TRYE gear?

My clothing line is awesome! My newest collection with Billabong is inspired by Peru and South America; I just did a trip to Machu Picchu and Bolivia and found some really cool tribal designs and textures that I incorporated into my pieces. The line is environmentally friendly too, we use all sustainable polyester and recycled water bottles to make the jackets, and my street wear is made of organic cotton and hemp. You can find it all on Billabong.

How did the Olay partnership come about? Why did you want to sign with the brand?

The Olay sponsorship came about because of the upcoming Olympics and also because of P&G’s “Thank You, Mom” campaign. “Thank You, Mom” really inspired me because my mom worked so hard to help me follow my dreams. And as for Olay specifically, I have always known the brand and loved their products so it felt like a natural fit.

How do you protect your skin when you’re out on the slopes?

I use a lot of different things, but lately I have been loving the Olay Fresh Effects Hydrating Gel Moisture, which really helps bring hydration to your face. Being in the mountains most of the year my skin gets really dry, so it’s really nice to use that.

Obviously the cameras are always on when you’re on the slopes. What do you do to look so amazing?

I always try to have a smile on my face! Snowboarding makes me so happy and I think you can really tell when people are enjoying what they are doing. I keep it mostly natural, but I like to use a little CoverGirl Bombshell mascara to give me a dark, voluminous lashes yet a fresh look out on the mountain.

Do you have a different beauty regime for when you know the cameras are around versus what you would have just hanging with friends and family?

Before a big competition I definitely take an extra moment to pamper myself and look beautiful. But if I am just going to yoga or to hang out with my sisters —nothing over the top!

Are you going to do anything special, makeup wise, to represent the US while in Sochi?

I’m going to try to look as beautiful as I can! Definitely the CoverGirl Bombshell mascara.

What is the number one piece of beauty advice you’d offer readers?

More than anything, beauty is about what goes in your body—make sure you are eating healthy, nutritious food and drinking a lot of water.

As an obvious role model, what life advice would you give to girls?

I would tell girls to love themselves more than anything, find something that they truly are passionate about and to follow their dreams and trust that they can do anything they believe in!

Note: A very special thanks to Jamie Anderson for taking the time to chat. It was a true pleasure.

Courtesy of P&G Beauty

 ©2014 Yvonne P. Mazzulo, a.k.a., The Makeup Examiner, All Rights Reserved.

Share this article
 
Copyright © 2014 Soraya Jürgen Blog • All Rights Reserved.
Template Design by BTDesigner • Powered by Blogger
back to top